Sunday, August 31, 2008

Thank you oh My Got Talent!

Dear My Got Talent,

I would like to thank you for coming to VYS! You know before you came, VYS was great and all, but missing something special. When I heard you were coming to join us in VYS, a lot of us were quite excited inside but scared to show our excitement sometimes. I guess its because of some of us being afraid we are not good enough, or our ideas are not special enough. I thought that you would start off slow and all but in fact, you did not start slow off slow like many expected you would, but many willingly put their names forward.

Because you came, many of us had the opportunity to show what we really can do, not only alone but as a group. Many of us as a care group became closer and stronger because of the excitement and opportunity you bring. You are a real encouragement to us, not because you promise the winner with a iPod or a BBQ, but because in some of us, you bring out the best. In others, you help us to breakthrough some of our own fears, like going on stage.

Many of us were quite skeptical about how much impact you would make on our VYS, but after 2 months, we can clearly see that most of us have given our best to you. Many have opened up their hearts and minds and put aside their differences to work together to present their work and talents. I feel VYS is a much more open place now with your presence around. All of us now have a common topic to talk about when we 'bump' into each other in church. It used to be just "hi" and "bye" but now its "You guys doing anything for My Got Talent?".

I can go on and on, but I'd guess I'll stop here. I would like to thank you again for coming to our VYS! Also, thanks for reminding us, "The real winners are those that enjoy themselves". You have made many of us winners, and brought us much fun and laughter. I shall look forward to meeting you again next Saturday. Until then, we shall think of what more we can contribute to you to make you more exciting.

God Bless,
A vibrant youth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

True true, all that u said is really true. My Got Talent has been so successful and entertaining because of u guys. Do expose ALL your talents out as this opportunity is not here all the time. Remember, do it for God and not to men!