Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Never imagined how 15mins can seem like forever...

When you're having some drinks with your friends, or just simply chatting on the msn, time just seems to fly. Even now when I'm making this entry, I told myself I would sleep at 10pm so that i can have 6 hours before I wake up for the ManU-Derby match at 4am, but just chatting on the msn and its alr 12am. Darn...means its less sleep now!

Actually, I just wanna share just how tough it is to do what I promised Pastor Vernon on Saturday I would do - pray 15mins in tongues everyday, for 1 week. 15 minutes a day, seven days. For one week, everyday, pray 15 minutes in tongues. Ah...There i was putting up my hand and thinking to myself, if i don't put up my hand, what is pastor elisa see me didn't put up hand and then got bad impression how?? So put up la..15 minutes only ma...

Neway, first day, after quiet time, prayer, then go to perfect prayer...ok check the watch,..15 minutes from that time, that's all i need to do. After praying for like forever, I thought I made it, and when i checked, only 5 minutes have passed...Its not like I don't enjoy praying, but it just seemed like time seem to stand still...anyway, i persevered and i completed my 15 minutes. It really felt like eternity...

Just wanna ask everyone, how did ur first few days of 15 minutes of tongues go?? I will continue my dose of 15 minutes a day, and probably write again as to what I have learnt after a week...until then, persevere guys! Meditate on some of the verses Pastor Vernon gave to keep ur focus! I will list them down here in case some of you forgotten alr :)

1 Chorinthians 14: 2
1 Chorinthians 13:1
1 Chorinthians 14:14
Acts 2:4
Acts 1:8
Mark 16:17

Cheers,
Jerm

No comments: